Saturday, July 16, 2011

How to build a stacked stone wall

My mother,  grandfather, niece and nephew went to visit a stacked stone wall in Alabama the other day or that was the plan. I'll have to call and see how that went. Anyway, apparently the man has been building it for the past few years in honor of his grandmother who walked the trail of tears, stayed in Oklahoma for 3 years, decided she didn't like it there and walked back to Alabama. (We don't do any fact checking around here, so don't be surprised if all of my facts are wrong, as Mark Twain once said 
" Never let facts get in the way of a good story.")

So I've been dismantling the failed stone patio lately and I was thinking it could be interesting to make some stacked stone piles around the garden. We'll see how that goes.
How to build a stacked stone wall via NY Times

No comments: